To create first project in Android Studio you must have a working version of Android Studio installed. which you can get from here.
- Open up Android Studio a screen will start loading its components.
- Once it has loaded all the components of android it will show a dialog box asking if you you want to create a new project in android studio or you want to open any existing android studio project. some other options will also be displayed.
2.1. If you have already opened up another project. choose from file -> New -> New Project.
- Click on start a new Android Studio Project. a dialog box will appear asking for the name and location of the project.
- Click next and it will ask for the target android devices. This panel let you choose which platforms should support your application.
- On clicking, Next will open up a new panel to choose what type of activity should be the first activity. There are different types mentioned i.e. blank, empty, fullscreen, google maps, scrolling etc.
- after selecting the first Activity, Android Studio will ask for the name of first activity, you can change its name later.
On clicking Finish it will start initializing components.
- A window will appear displaying Android Studio components, solution explorer, Editor and a debugger etc.