In this tutorial, you will learn to create a new project in Visual Studio Community. You can create first Visual C# console application by following the steps given below.
First C# Console Application
To create First Visual C# Console Application Visual Studio, you must follow the given steps.
- Open Visual Studio.
Create a New Project in Visual Studio
- Go to
File -> New -> Project
Create a New Console Application in Visual Studio
- A Dialog Box will appear, Select Visual C# from the Installed menu.
- Choose Console Application from Options pane.
- You can also rename the console application which will be created as desired. Also the location on the disk for the new project.
- Click Ok to create a new project.
New Console Application Created
- An IDE environment will open displaying the main method, including the workspace components of the project.
Test the Newly Created Console Application
In order to test the newly created C# project you can
static void Main(string args)
Console.WriteLine("This is my first console application");
//my first console application
Console.ReadKey(); //to hold the screen until any key is pressed
- Display Something on Console, using
- Read any character from Console, using Console.ReadKey();
- Click Start from the top bar, with a green play button to Build and Run your first application
- A console window will display the string you put in Console.WriteLine();.
Hope you like this tutorial. Stay tuned for more upcoming tutorials! Stay Blessed!