Step by Step Download and install Java, NetBeans, JDK
Download and Install Java
- Before you install NetBeans you must have the latest version of Java installed on your computer; Java mostly updates itself automatically as a new update comes.
To check whether Java is installed on your computer
1.1. Open Command Prompt from Start Menu -> CMD or through
run dialog box and writing CMD into the dropdown text box.
Type java -version in CMD and press Enter key, if CMD (command prompt) doesn’t recognize the command. It means that you should install Java or JDK (NetBeans Included).
1.2. You can install Java alone, to download Java separately select from the following versions according to your OS
Java Online Installer
Click Agree and Start Free Download
Java offline installer Windows-32-bit
Java offline installer Windows-64-bit
Java offline installer MAC-OS
Java offline installer Linux-32-bit
Java offline installer Linux-64-bit
Java for other Operating Systems
you already have Java installed on your machine
Download NetBeans and JDK (Java Development Kit)
- To install Java Development Kit, download JDK (Java Development Kit) from Oracle servers click on the links given below as per your requirements
This will automatically start downloading JDK (Java SE Development Kit)
clicking on the links below means that you are accepting Oracle Binary Code License Agreement for Java SE.
2.1. download JDK 8u73 with NetBeans 8.1
(Note: you may need to set up Environmental Variables, by opening My Computer/This PC system properties.
Find and click “Advanced system setting” in options list on left side, in “Advanced” tab click “Environment Variables.”
The button on the bottom. In System Variables find “Path” in variables list and click edit, put “;” at the end of variable values,
“C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;” copy and paste the path you find from the address bar. If you still face problems with java, find out JRE and JDK
bin directory copy and paste path of both bin directories that are mostly “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin;” and
“C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin;” now path of your JDK and JRE is known by your computer’s “Environmental Variables”)
OR if you want to only install NetBeans(Complete):
- After you have download JDK, double click and run the installer.
Install NetBeans and JDK (Java Development Kit)
It will load the files needed for installation
- After it loads Java files, a welcome screen will appear to install NetBeans JDK (Java Development Kit).
- When you click next, the installer will ask for the directory to save JDK (Java Development Kit).
- It’s better to keep the default directory i.e. C:\Program Files\jdk1.8, Click next to move forward. This will ask for the NetBeans install directory. You can change it by clicking the browse button.
- When the folder selection process for NetBeans is complete click Next button, a dialog box will appear asking to enable or disable auto update feature, check the check box if you want NetBeans to be automatically updated whenever an update is present.
- When everything is set up, click Install button to start the installation process in the mentioned locations, with selected features. A dialog box will appear showing the installation status.
- After the installation process is completed successfully, the setup will ask for anonymous data usage to make the NetBeans experience much better. Click Finish to complete Installation Process.
You have successfully installed NetBeans on your computer. You can now create your first project in NetBeans.