Set Up Environment for web development in Java
To start with the Java enterprise edition you should have the background of Java. Setting up the environment is the first step to start with, you have to do two things set up the JDK and set up the web server for example tomcat, here we will use Eclipse as our IDE, you just have to download the eclipse.zip from the Eclipse official website and tomcat.zip from the apache official website, after the download just extract them both in the specific folder, before opening the eclipse you should have JRE Installed on your system. Now double click the eclipse icon in the extracted eclipse directory. To set up the environment for web development in Java, tomcat inside eclipse you have to perform following steps.
- Open the eclipse by right clicking and selecting “Open”.
- Eclipse will ask you for your workspace leave it to default.
- Now you have eclipse running, at this moment you have to look for the “Servers” tab and the right click in It and click on New Server.
- On clicking the Server in step 3 this will opens a window as shown below, as we are installing the Tomcat so we have to look for the Apache and then select the Latest version. After selecting it click Next.
- The step 4 will lead you to the browse window. You have to search your downloaded “apache tomcat” folder and make sure that your tomcat versions should match in step 4 and 5 and then click “Ok”. Right click on image and click open image in new tab.
- Now we have the server installed, right click and Select “Start”. This will start your Server.
- To check the server type http://localhost:8080 in any browser.
- Where to find the server tab in eclipse.
- How to setup JRE For Eclipse.
- 404 Error after tomcat installation with eclipse.